Join the SPUSA
All members need to read and agree with the Party’s Statement of Principles.
Review the Statement of Agreement
The following points represent the key ideas of agreement of the Socialist Party USA. We encourage you to read and discuss them, and if you agree consider joining the Socialist Party:
- The Socialist Party is a democratic socialist organization. We see socialism as a new social and economic order in which workers and consumers control production and community residents control their neighborhoods, homes and school and the production of society is used for the benefit of all humanity, not the private profit of a few.
- We see the working class as in a key and central position to fight back against the ruling class and its power. The working class is the major force worldwide that can lead the way to a socialist future – to a real radical democracy from below.
- We stand in opposition to all forms of oppression including but not limited to racism, sexism and homophobia.
- We are a “multi-tendency” organization. We orient ourselves around our principles and develop a common program, but our members have various underlying philosophies and views of the world. Therefore we reject vanguardism and democratic centralism.
- We advocate for independent political action outside the Democratic and Republican parties.
- Our tactics in the struggle for radical democratic change reflect our ultimate goal of a society founded on principles of egalitarian, non-exploitative and non-violent relations among all peoples and between all peoples.
READY TO JOIN? Fill out the online application.